Popcorn Painting is not only a fun craft it is also great for sensory play. Kids love dipping the popcorn in the paint and watching the colour absorb and texture change. Once my little ones have painted them we let them dry and they then pop them in colour groups and count them, great for leaning colours, texture and counting.
You will need:
- Bowl of popcorn cooked per packet instructions.
- Containers to mix paint in. We got these ones from a $2 shop.
- Paint brushes.
- Food colouring of your choice.
To make paints:
- Add food colouring to containers, a couple of drops will do.
- Fill 3/4 of the way up with water and stir with paint brush.
- Let the kids dip popcorn in the water and watch as the colour absorbs or paint directly with paint brush.
- Set aside to dry.
- Use to count or colour group.
DO YOU THINK YOU WILL GIVE THIS A GO?
Courtesy of Mums Go To.