Low Calorie Cocktails!
The Festive Season is just around the corner, and what better way to enjoy the day than sipping on a couple of cocktails.
Lets face it though cocktails can be high in calories especially if you like the milky mixes like a Toblerone < yum my favourite!
If you are watching your waistline then you don’t really want to be consuming your days worth of calories in a couple of drinks. You don’t need to worry with these 3 cocktail mixes as they are low in calorie and really delicious, why not give them a try this Festive Season!
Pineapple Coconut Champagne Cocktail A delicious champagne cocktail with a tropical twist. A perfect sip for ringing in the new year! Servings depends on how many people you feel like serving these drinks to!
- Organic Pineapple Juice (I used R.W. Knudsen Organic) well chilled
- Organic Coconut Juice Blend (I used Lakewood Organics) well chilled
- Champagne or Prosecco well chilled
- Simple Syrup
- Unsweetened finely shredded coconut.
- Pour some simple syrup in a small bowl and the shredded coconut in another small bowl. Dip the top ¼ or so of your champagne glasses in the simple syrup and then in the shredded coconut making sure the rim is well coated. Set aside to dry a little
- Fill each champagne glass with 1 ½ ounces of EACH pineapple and coconut juices. Fill the rest of the way with the champagne or Prosecco. Serve immediately.
- Simple Syrup is a 1:1 sugar water ratio syrup. To make combine equal amounts in a sauce pan ( example 1 cup sugar one cup water) and then bring a simmer stirring until all the sugar is dissolved. Chill completely in an air tight container until ready to use.
Courtesy of The Colourful Housewife